Conditions of Entry
- The Promoter is responsible for all aspects of an Event. All complaints and claims arising out of or in connection with an Event, including but not limited to admittance to and seating at the Event, shall be directed to the Promoter.
- If under the legal drinking age, an Entrant shall not purchase and/or consume any alcohol at the Centre, and if of legal drinking age, the Entrant shall not consume such quantity of alcohol which would be unlawful whilst the Entrant is, or as if the Entrant were, in control of a motor vehicle in New South Wales. Alcohol may only be consumed in those areas at the Centre which clearly indicate that alcohol consumption is permitted.
- A Promoter or its agents or the Owner or its agents may in their absolute discretion conduct searches of Patrons for any items carried by Patrons which are prohibited by law or prohibited by the Promoter’s terms of admission. Unless expressly authorised by the Owner, possession of the following items is prohibited at the Centre: weapons, controlled, dangerous or illegal substances, alcohol, bottles, cans or eskies, audio and/or visual recording, broadcasting or transmission equipment, still, movie or television cameras.
- An Entrant shall not transmit or aid in transmitting any description, picture, account or reproduction of an Event without the authorisation of the Promoter. The Promoter, its agents and licensees may utilise the Patrons image or likeness incidental to any photographic record, live or recorded video display or any other visual or audio transmission or reproduction in whole or in part of the Event. If an Entrant makes such a transmission, description, picture, account or reproduction of an Event which is subsequently confiscated by the Promoter or its agents, it shall become the property of the Promoter.
- Entrants voluntarily assume all risk of all damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury (fatal and non fatals), economic and consequential loss), whatsoever and howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Centre including damage or loss caused by the acts or omissions of other Entrants including Patrons, employees, agents or licensees of the Owner or Promoter or any other person or thing present at the Centre.
- An Entrant holding a ticket purchased for a ticketed Event at a concessional price must be prepared to produce proof of age or documentation justifying the concession when a ticket is presented for use.
- Patrons who are late for an Event may not be admitted until there is a suitable break in the Event.
- A Promoter and the Owner reserve the right to refuse admission to and eject from the Event without compensation any Entrant, whose conduct is, or is deemed by the Promoter, the Owner or their agents, to be unlawful, disorderly or offensive or who is not entitled to attend that Event.
- The Owner reserves the right to refuse admission to and to eject from the Centre any Entrant whose conduct is, or is deemed by the Owner or its agents, to be unlawful, disorderly or offensive.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in good faith, to add, withdraw or substitute artists or competitors, and to vary seating arrangements, audience capacity, venues or advertised program times as it deems necessary, and the Promoter’s exercise of this right shall not entitle the Patron to make any claim whatsoever against the Promoter or the Owner.
- The Promoter or the Owner may cancel, interrupt or stop the Event due to adverse weather, dangerous situations or any other causes beyond its reasonable control, and such cancellation, interruption or stopping of the Event shall not entitle the Patron to make any claim whatsoever against the Owner or against the Promoter except, in the case of the Promoter, for and limited to a ticket for a replacement Event if scheduled or a refund of the ticket price if the Event is cancelled and not subsequently rescheduled.
The Newcastle Entertainment Centre will conduct security searches of bags being brought into the venue along with pat downs of guests to ensure no prohibited items are being brought into the venue. Any guest refusing to comply with the direction of security and its staff will be denied entry to the venue.
Patrons entering Newcastle Entertainment Centre are advised that:
- The Arena is a licensed area / premises.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry / evicted from the Arena / Licensed Premises
- No external alcoholic beverages will be permitted entry to the Arena / Licensed Premises
- Alcohol may not be permitted inside the Main Auditorium during some events
- The following forms of ID are acceptable within the Arena:
- A driver’s or rider’s license or permit (issued by an Australian State or Territory or any foreign country)
- Australian passport or a foreign passport issued by another country
- NSW photo card (issued by Roads and Maritime Services NSW)
- Proof of age card issued by a public authority of the commonwealth or of another State or Territory for the purpose of attesting to a person’s identity and age.
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol;
- It is an offence to sell to or supply minors with alcohol;
- Checking procedures will apply at all entrances to prevent prohibited items from entering;
- For some events drinks are required to be decanted into approved plastic cups.
Refusal of Entry
For the safety, comfort and enjoyment of all patrons, Newcastle Entertainment Centre Management reserves the right to:
- Refuse Entry to any persons deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly;
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised persons;
- Refuse entry of items which have the potential to cause injury or public nuisance;
- Refuse entry to any person who purchases an event ticket from any unauthorised source, including a ticket scalper.
- Refuse entry to any person who presents an invalid ticket.
- Refuse Entry to any persons wearing 'Colours', ‘insignia' or pictures signifying belonging to any Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs (OLMC's) or other group as designated by Police.
The Newcastle Entertainmenet Centre is a non-smoking venue. Patrons will not be permitted to smoke anywhere within the Centre's facilities.