ASM Global has been closely following the federal and state governments’ management of the COVID-19 outbreak, and takes seriously our responsibility for the health and well-being of our patrons, performers, athletes, clients and employees coming to Newcastle Entertainment Centre.
We encourage you to check our website for further details about our future events, and we will update regularly as more information becomes available.
Due to the number of events affected and consequently the numbers of patrons involved, we would appreciate your patience and look out for the information to appear on our web site and across our social media:
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Thank you for your patience and understanding – and we look forward to getting back to doing what we love – bringing the greatest live and community events to the Hunter and Newcastle region
- Your Newcastle Entertainment Centre Team
YOU CAN PLAY YOUR PART TOO:
Newcastle Entertainment Centre looks forward to welcoming you back to shows here at the Centre. All events will follow current COVID-19 health advice and Government regulations. We've put a number of event day measures in place to create a safe environment for everyone who visits the Centre, including patrons, and you have an important role to play in supporting our COVIDSafe Plan and keeping our community safe.
We therefore seek your support and assistance by complying with the following simple health rules:
- Please stay home if you’re feeling unwell, have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days, or are waiting on a COVID-19 test.
- If you and/or anyone in your group are a resident of a COVID-19 hotspot (Overseas or Locally) or have been in a COVID-19 hotspot (Overseas or Locally), in the designated time periods, you will not be permitted to attend events at the Centre at this time. For an up to date list of COVID Hot Spots please check out the NSW Government website here - (https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates)
- Maintain, where possible, a physical distancing of 1.5 metres from anyone who is not part of your immediate ticketed group, particularly while queuing and moving through the Centre.
- You will be required to check into the Service NSW COVID Safe Check In (via a QR code) PRIOR to entering the Centre, and upon request, show your 'Green Tick" to the Ticketing Staff prior to entering the Centre.
- Whilst not mandatory, we encourage you to wear a face mask when entering, navigating and exiting the Centre.
- Practise high-level hygiene, including washing your hands and/or using sanitiser regularly while inside the Centre.
- Whilst in the Venue, please remain seated at all times unless buying Food and Beverage, Merchandise or using the restrooms.
- Please be aware that Newcastle Entertainment Centre is a Cash Free Venue – All transactions including food, drink and merchandise will be cashless.
- Minimise the size of bags you bring to the Centre – No backpacks will be permitted into the Venue. Due to public health requirements, a Clock Room and Cloaking facilities are no longer available at Newcastle Entertainment Centre. Please leave all items you can in your car or at home. Less is best when coming to the Centre for your next event.
- Follow signage and the directives of staff at all times.
- Download and activate the COVIDSafe app
WHAT ARE WE DOING ABOUT COVID-19 RISKS:
We have introduced additional procedures around our operations based on the current recommendations. We have increased our infection mitigation routines throughout the Centre, including the following:
- Our cleaning team is cleaning and disinfecting all points of contact on an increased rotation particularly during these times.
- For our everyday sanitation and disinfectant of all hard surfaces throughout public areas, we use recommended cleaning solutions that are, at a minimum, 60% alcohol-based. These have proven anti-viral/bacterial properties and are a hospital grade application.
- Hand sanitiser with similar anti-viral properties is available at a number of convenient locations around the venue. Authorities also suggest we all carry a personal dispenser of sanitiser with us at all times.
- We are communicating closely with all personnel engaged at the Centre to avoid the introduction of any infection by any of them. We have given clear instructions that anyone exhibiting flu-like symptoms or who has been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, is to stay at home in isolation for at least 14 days and present a medical certificate before returning to work.
- We have implemented an in-house campaign in support of good health etiquette amongst all our team.
Should there be any change from the government guidance regarding major events in Australia, we are in contact and working with health authorities so as to be ready to respond to their advice.
NEWCASTLE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE UPCOMING EVENTS / SHOWS UPDATES:
- We have made contact with all promoters of concerts / organisers of events announced here at Newcastle Entertainment Centre – and have rescheduled those events that have been affected by the advice to not proceed with events of mass gathering, or cancelled those that are unable to postpone to a later date.
- Whilst we have been anticipating a variety of scenarios, there may still be more changes to the Governments ban on Mass Gatherings that will affect our upcoming events.
- It will take some time to resolve the arrangements for each event, and we will announce straight away to you our patrons. As soon as we know - we will pass on the information
- So far – all tickets to current events that have been rescheduled are still valid for the rescheduled dates. No action will need to be taken – your same seats / same tickets are still valid for the new dates and you don’t need to be issued new tickets.
- For events that cannot be rescheduled, tickets that were ordered online or over the phone with Ticketek will be automatically refunded to the original purchaser’s credit card. Our Box Office here at The Centre is currently closed.
- For Ticketek ticket enquiries – please reach out directly to them: http://bit.ly/Contact_Ticketek
- Should the promoter decide to cancel the event, please be assured that all monies from ticket sales are being held securely. Refunds will proceed automatically, directly to the original payment account, as soon as the promoter’s contract is formally cancelled.
You can keep yourself informed of all up to date information yourself at the Federal Health Department web site.
We STRONGLY recommend that you download the Government COVIDSafe App - and #PlayYourPart to bring back Live Events!
Download the COVIDSafe App to protect you, your family and all of our communities - and help us bring back live!
Download the COVIDSafe app now https://bit.ly/PLAYYOURPART
Please check our website www.nec.net.au regularly for any event updates
or any questions - please contact us via www.nec.net.au/contact