BAR ATTENDANTS | KITCHEN ATTENDANTS | BARISTAS | CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTENDANTS
Join the team that delivers world class events to Newcastle!
Newcastle Entertainment Centre strives to deliver memorable moments and high-quality service to each and every person that enters our venue. Our staff are vital to achieving our vision of delivering a superior experience and the very best catering service to patrons.
Newcastle Entertainment Centre provides a variety of catering experiences, from burgers and snacks at a concert or exhibition, to fine dining at private functions. A typical event for the catering team involves in-house catering to VIP functions up to 100 patrons, International artists, production crews, and up to 7,528 patrons in the Entertainment Centre or 25,000 patrons across an exhibition in the Showground.
We are regularly on the lookout for Newcastle’s best kitchen staff, baristas, hospitality customer service and bar staff.
If you have a passion for catering excellence and a looking for an opportunity to work in the entertainment industry, our Catering Department is a great place to start gaining experience.
To be successful in these roles, ideally you would have:
- Experience in a similar, high volume environment is desirable;
- Experience with Point of Sale operations;
- Experience in customer service;
- Availability to work casual employment around the event schedule, in particular evenings and weekends.
QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATES
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate / Competency Card
Kitchen Attendant | Barista | Customer Service Attendant
- Food Handling Certificate
- Trade Certificate in Commercial Cookery or at least 2 years’ experience (Kitchen Attendant only)
The application form will include these questions:
Do you have customer service experience?
Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)